I went over to see Jerry on Wednesday. I needed to buy a new pair of bike shorts. One of my shorts turned up missing this spring, and I haven't a clue as to where it went. Jerry took me on a guided tour of Arlington. I really don't know my way around. We ended up at a bike shop on the other side of Route 7, and I found a wonderful pair of bike shorts.
Our salesman should be making a lot more money than the store pays him. I noticed that they carried several lines of shorts, and that some of the lines were about half the price of the shorts that he recommended. So I asked him if he thought that the expensive short was actually worth twice as much as the cheaper short. He told me that the expensive short fits better and wears long. I tried both shorts on, and yes, the expensive short fit like a second skin.
Note: I took the shorts out for a test ride yesterday, and they are sooooo comfortable. I was sliding around on the seat a bit, and realized that the shorts weren't grabbing the saddle the way my other shorts do. I like that, because it means I can easily move up the saddle while riding. Also, the shorts give me much better butt support, a big plus for me.
We hung out together for most of the afternoon, talking chiefly about a Caribbean cruise in 2013, and worrying about the expensive airfare to get there. It's a schlep to go sailing!
As the afternoon waned, our thoughts turned to food. Jerry suggested a Russian restaurant in Clarendon. The food at Cafe Assorti was very good. I had a beet salad and stuffed cabbage leaves. I want to go back and explore the rest of the menu. Jerry had some potato and cabbage dumplings that also tasted quite good. The food is probably a little heavy for American tastes, but you can ask for a takeout carton, and your server will provide it with a big smile.

No comments:
Post a Comment