Chopped Chicken Salad from scratch fills a certain worldly hunger after a rough Stake Conference. Oh, I guess it wasn't that bad, and choir practice was wonderful. I love the choir, and the chocolate chip cookies.
One of the young couples at choir practice, Josh and Chelsea, appear to have adopted me. I kind of like that. I get very lonely at church. I stick out like a sore thumb (one of these days I'll explain that in one of these blog postings). Chelsea inquired about Ron and me, and I really appreciated that. She's invited me to attend a performance of Mozart's Requiem at Strathmore, and I may take her up on it.
Back to the chicken salad. I get distracted easily. It happens to young children and old adults. See, there it happened again! So you add some mayonnaise, chopped olives, a little chopped onion, and some of my (by now) world famous taco seasoning, and you are on your way to a great chicken salad wrap with those corn tortillas stuck in the middle shelf of the fridge. Lunch need not be difficult to prepare if you happened to cook chicken last night for dinner (it was really good).
Following lunch, I wandered about the house, arriving in the office, and I decided to chronicle my Stake Conference experience. It really was kind of a downer. I should be used to that. How do I present myself authentically and appropriately in such a constrained environment? Is it worth the effort? I feel strongly that it is, but I wonder, sometimes, if I have the mettle for it. It can be quite enervating to the spirit.
So after I got that blog entry out of the way, I called Perry, and we went out and did some errands. Oh, I know about doing errands on the Sabbath, but I also know that my friendship with Perry is dear, so I chose Perry. He had some business at FourEyes, then Home Depot, and finally we did a pit stop at Starbucks, because both of us needed refueling. I suppose that raises some issues about the Word of Wisdom, but that's also the subject of another post.
When Ron got back from the gym, we went into Silver Spring to have dinner with the Montgomery Gay Guys Meetup. Since dinner, the name has been changed(!) to Montgomery Men. And there is a long story behind that. Eight of us showed up at Eggspectations, and we were a very happy crowd! I had the Bayou Benedict, which is a couple of poached eggs sitting on a piece of grilled chicken breast, resting on a square of polenta. It's all covered with a creamy seafood (and butter) sauce. In keeping with my diet, I brought half of it home with me. It was very tasty.
So I've just been monkeying around after getting home. I wrote a message to Mary about coming out to Idaho for a visit. I wrote this blog entry. I had a pear and a cup of herbal tea. I think I'm ready for bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment