Today, Ron and I went to get some culture at the Roundhouse Theatre production of Next Fall. It's quite an engaging play about religion, belief, and love, and how they all get mixed up over the course of a relationship. The two lead characters, Adam and Luke are very strong performances, as is their den mother, Holly. Luke's former friend, Brandon, is also believable, but he didn't have a lot of lines. The other performances were good, but predictable.
Basically, Adam is an atheist, and Luke is a born-again evangelical homo. (Brandon is also a born-again homo, but is much more torn up about it.) The story is about how Adam and Luke navigate their relationship over the years. It's done very well. Ron and I have very different spiritual perspectives, and those differences do temper a relationship. I found the performances believable and deeply touching.
I also cooked a chicken today. Oh, I always cook it the same way, not at all like my mother cooked her chicken. I like mine braised and falling off the bone. Chicken always means wonderful leftovers and delicious stock for the next week or so. We finished off the Funeral Potatoes. They were just as good today as when they were first served. (I even had them for breakfast with some scrambled eggs.) Potatoes are pretty hard to beat as a food group.
No comments:
Post a Comment