Friday, March 2, 2012

Around Town

Today started out early. I rolled out of bed at 6 a.m. so that I could be at the chiropractor by 8 a.m. I had poured lye down the shower yesterday, and it appears to have worked its magic on my hair, and all the other crud that ends up in the drain. After breakfast, I looked up my appointment, and it was for 9:10. Oh well. Dr. Dispenza gave me the once over. I'm pleased with his treatment. It is painful (sometimes), but during this episode, the treatment has really given me relief.

After I got back from the chiropractor, I went to work on the tomatillos, and made a salsa with them; I made it way too hot, even though it tastes pretty good. It just really clears out your nose. I had added a couple of chipotle peppers to it, and it probably didn't need quite as much as I added. I'll know better next time.

This afternoon, Lloyd and I hung out together. I took him for a walk down along the waterfront before the rain came in. After that, we watched some television, and I read a book. The book is The Mormon People: The Making of an American Faith. It seems to be well documented, and it's bringing to light many parts of early church history that I did not know, or had forgotten. It's given me a much greater appreciation of the prophetic role of Joseph Smith. I've been highlighting it as I read.

Speaking of highlighting, and of iPad, Apple is supposed to be coming out with iPad3 very shortly. I like my iPad, but for heavy-duty stuff, you still need at least a netbook. I have really enjoyed the iPad, though, and am glad that I have one. A couple of quibbles: it doesn't run Flash, which is problematic since a couple of the sites that I like are Flash sites. As for apps, the Kindle app is nice except that the highlight function on the iPad is frustrating. I was using coarse language while riding Metro, and trying to highlight in the book I was reading.

While at Larry's, I had another episode of physical weakness; I was taking Lloyd on a walk, and felt that I could hardly push the wheelchair. When we got back to the apartment, Lloyd fell asleep, and I was in a complete mental haze. I'm pretty sure these problems are being caused by low blood sugar. I'll email my DO to confirm, but this seems an awful lot like the hypoglycemia I was experiencing twenty years ago. I think my weight is getting low enough that my diet is really messing with my blood sugar.

Back home, Ron had a pleasant afternoon with Chuck. He didn't want to cook and I was too tired. So we ended up going to Ruby Tuesday in Wheaton Plaza. Fernando was our server. For a nice unpretentious meal, it's a nice place to eat. Both Ron and I had tilapia and shrimp, and the salad bar. I had a red velvet cupcake for dessert. I needed something sweet at the end of the day.

Ron and I talked about a place for a birthday dinner out. I had remembered a restaurant we had gone to with Tim, out in the boonies somewhere. Of course, Ron keeps track of all these things. The restaurant is Great Sage in Clarksville, Maryland, which is several parsecs from here. It's vegan/vegetarian fare. I'm looking forward to eating there. It will be fast Sunday, so I'll have plenty of points at my disposal. Stay tuned for a restaurant review.

So when we got back to the house, I was still hungry. So I made some tortilla chips, and had some of the tomatillo salsa. We'll see if I develop heartburn later on. I'm betting I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment