You dress me up, and you can actually take me places without feeling like you are out with your pet Flemish Giant rabbit. Here I am, ready for church. Today is my 61st birthday (where did all those years go?), and it's also Fast Sunday. I like that.
Church was okay. It's still difficult for me to say that it was wonderful, although I think at some level it is. This was a big church week in the Bloggernacle because of the articles in the Washington Post about Blacks and the Priesthood, and articles about controversial baptisms for the dead. But in the pew today, and in Sunday School and Priesthood meeting, we were far away from the excitement online. And I think that's a good thing.
In the early evening, Ron and I headed off to Clarksville to dine at the Great Sage Restaurant with Tim. It's vegan, and truly wonderful food. We started out with a black bean and roasted corn quesadilla and raw samosas. For dinner, I had the Tempeh Bourguignon. I only ate half of it, because I was saving room for the Lava Chocolate Cake with Coconut Ice "Cream." I had a very tasty dinner. The service is also attentive.
Many friends wished me well on Facebook. I had a note from Vernon, and I called Mary. I'm grateful for all of my kids. I had a wonderful birthday!


No comments:
Post a Comment